Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Look what I found...



Procrastinator that I am, I just got around to cleaning out my birdhouses yesterday. Lo and behold, one of them had a nest inside - with three tiny speckled eggs! I believe the nest was abandoned during the summer, after a big windstorm caused a branch to fall and knock the birdhouse off the fence. Each of the eggs had a tiny hole in them, as if they were attacked by another bird.

When I saw the nest with the eggs inside, I was pretty delighted. I've been wanting to take a more natural approach to decorating, and having the nest in my home will be a step in the right direction. Besides, I think it will be a neat item for my little one to take to show-and-tell when she gets old enough for school. Right now the nest is in an airtight bag to kill any bugs that may have been living there. Once it's ready, I'm going to include it in a nature vignette with moss and pebbles. I'll post pictures of the finished project when I get around to it.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

That's really neat!