Saturday, January 23, 2010

Late Night Blogging Session

It's been a few days since my last blog, so I thought I'd post an update about what's going on in my shop and in my life. I got my first custom order in the shop just the other day, and I'm in the process of working out all the details with my potential buyer. I'm pretty thrilled and pretty nervous all at once because this will be my first "real" sale (my first two were to family), so I really want to get this right! You would think it would be easy, since all my buyer wants is one of my signs, just in another color, but I know that one person's interpretation of beige isn't the same as another person's, so I'm sending my buyer color samples and such to make sure everything's up to snuff. My hope is this order will be the start of success in my shop. I don't want to make a killing, or even a living, but making enough sales to not have to dip into the savings for Christmas or a vacation would be nice.

I'm also excited to know that when I stop by the post office on Monday, my button necklace that I purchased from The Paper Button on Etsy will be there for pickup. I could have gotten it today had I gotten the gumption to go to the post office before it closed. I have no one to blame but myself  for that. Still, I'm anxiously awaiting Monday, because I love the necklace and can't wait to try it on!

Now, as far as my personal life goes, my goal recently has been to wean my almost 14-month old off the bottle. She's been without it for about a week and a half now, and during the day she hasn't missed it one bit. However,she is just getting to the point where she will sleep through the night again; apparently that little glitch in her routine messed up her sleep schedule. Anyway, my concern now is making sure she gets calcium and vitamin D, because for some strange reason she absolutely refuses to drink milk from a sippy cup. I have tried all the different models of sippy cups that we own (we have 4 different kinds), I've tried watering down the milk, adding sugar, you name it. She has a doctor's appointment this week, and I will mention it, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter that she's not drinking milk as long as she's getting proper nutrients from other foods. My next goal is the pacifier, but I won't attempt that for a while yet.

Anyway, that's what's up with me. I have a few new items for the shop that I'm hoping to list next week, so be sure to stop by and see them. Ciao!

1 comment:

Sage said...

CONGRATS on the first order!!!! WOOHOOOO! You go girl!

Congrats on the bottless baby!!

Find other options for calcium..sesame seeds, cheese, etc. She'll do fine. WOW..next thing you know it'll be potty training! OHJOY! LOL..