Sunday, January 30, 2011

What I'm up to...

Sitting around my mom's place has got me a little bored and restless, so I've been looking for things to keep myself busy. Right now, I have two projects on the table. This one to the right is an old latch-hook rug kit that my mom-in-law got from her sister. It was sitting around collecting dust, so I said I'd take it off her hands. I don't really care for the design, but you never know, it could look nice when it's all done. I'd honestly forgotten how carpel-tunnel inducing that latch-hooking can be, since the last time I did one of these things I was about ten years old. I'm still thankful for having something to do, because after all, "Idle hands are the Devil's playground," as the saying goes.

The other thing I've been working on is a canvas that I'm hoping to turn into a mixed-media collage of some sort that I can use as wall art. I started out with some apple-green tissue paper that I saved from the trash can after my little girl's two-year birthday party. I love bright colors, and lately I've been leaning toward apple-green and turquoise, so when I saw this paper, I couldn't let it be thrown out. What I did was rip the paper into varying sizes, and glue it down to the canvas decoupage style. Unfortunately, this is as far as I got. I'm not really sure where to go from here. All I know at this point is I want it to have a couple of layers and be kind of textured. I thought about painting something simple like a flower or a heart on it and including an inspiring quote, but I don't know. It'll come to me, I'm sure.

No comments: