Sunday, January 2, 2011

Going Country!

Well, my husband and I made a monumental decision recently - we're going country! When we get where ever we're going, we're going to scope out a little piece of land and carve out our own slice of country heaven. We're researching gardening, canning, and livestock raising, and when we're done, it's the simple life for us.

That being said, I'm not sure when or how we're going to do this. I'm also not sure when I'm going to get my Etsy business up and rolling again. I need to get the appropriate licenses and such to sell my wares, and I can't do that until I know where we're moving to. I won't know that until my man finds a job. Nobody told us before my husband decided to separate from the Navy in late October that hiring comes to a screeching halt this time of year. Oopsy! Anyway, we have a little bit of savings to pay our bills, and we're taking advantage of the hiring lull to go and visit as much family as possible. We're doing this now because when Niel does find a job, we probably won't be visiting again for a while. We have work to do if we're going to make our Little House on the Prairie (or mountains, or where ever) happen.

*Crosses fingers for a cabin in the mountains near a lake*

No comments: