Saturday, January 29, 2011

Walk on the Wild Side

So on Monday, my mom, my husband, and I are sitting around spending a typical day doing pretty typical things, when Mom looks up out the kitchen window and lets out a surprised chuckle. When I asked what was going on, my husband (who was also looking out the window) responds, "Your mom's got company." I finally glance out the window myself to see these six wild turkeys strutting across the back yard. I don't know a lot about turkeys, but it appears to be four hens and a couple of jakes. The two birds to the right have featherless heads, small beards on their chests, and spurs (hard to see on this smaller photo), whereas the rest do not. I'll gladly accept correction from any wildlife aficionados out there. Anyway, is that cool or what? I guess these guys felt like stretching their legs a bit and going for a stroll. I don't get to see a lot of wildlife up close, so it was kind of neat to watch them make their way across the yard so nonchalantly.

2 comments:

Sage said...

So when's the turkey dinner coming? LOL

Ashley said...

November. I'll send you an invite.