Tuesday, June 21, 2011

So I realized...

...that I talk a lot about things I'm planning to do, ideas that I have about stuff to make, but rarely do I post anything about what I've actually made. So I'm going to post some pictures of projects I'm taking on and things I've finished lately, so you guys can see that I'm not all just talk.

Remember the canvas I decoupaged with green tissue paper? I finally decided what I wanted to do with it, and so I'm posting a picture of the finished product. I will be posting this for sale on Etsy when I open my shop again. It needs a couple more coats of sealer, but other than that, it's ready to go. I wanted to keep it for myself, but I really don't have the wall space in our new house for it, and it doesn't really match the current decor either. Our place is a rental, so I have to work with what I'm given. I hope this piece finds a home with someone who loves it.
Another of the projects I've finished is on display in my home. This sign means "welcome" in Gaelic, and since both my husband and I have a little Irish in us, I thought it would be a fun way to greet visitors. I might also sell things like this on Etsy if I can find some more slate plaques. Even if I can't, I may make them out of wood, but I just think the stone has a nice touch to it. 

I've also been working on a patio garden on tomatoes. The first three pictures are three different varieties of heirloom tomatoes, and the last is a tomatillo plant. I hope they perform well so can make some salsa!


Well, that's what I've been up to, aside from just moving in. Today I also finished a scrapbook page (the first one in ages), and I'm excited to get more done. Maybe one day I'll get caught up on all the scrapbooks I should have finished by now. That's all for now folks, so ciao!




1 comment:

Sage said...

Love the canvas! It turned out very nice!!