Wednesday, December 14, 2011

New Year's Resolution

I almost don't want to call this a resolution, since typically my resolutions never come to pass - but I came up with a goal for the coming year, and that is to buy fewer prepackaged foods. I figure this resolution is four-fold: it's healthy, it's frugal, it's eco-friendly, and it allows me to be that domestic diva I've always kind of wanted to be. Starting small will be the key - I know if I try to do everything all at once, I'll end up giving up by the end of January. The first thing to go will be store-bought cookies. While my husband loves his Oreos, he will never complain if they're replaced by fresh peanut butter, chocolate chip, or oatmeal cookies. The nice thing about me joining Pinterest is now I should never run out of awesome new recipes to try.

I have a few other things on my resolutions list, but they're pretty personal, so I won't go into detail. Suffice to say it has to do with me being a better human being and being more available to the people around me. I tend to be a loner, so it's really easy for me to seem withdrawn.

Looking into the more immediate future, I'm pretty excited about Christmas this year. I can't wait to see how excited the little one gets about the whole shebang. Last year she got into it pretty well, but this year she's really old enough to understand what's going on, and I think she'll have a blast. I need to solidify my Christmas plans though, 'cause I'm not really sure when we're doing what and where, if you know what I mean.

Well, that's all for now, folks. I may blog again before the holidays, but if not, I wish you peace and joy throughout this season and into the New Year!

No comments: