Thursday, November 17, 2011

Time to Give Thanks

Every day is a day to give thanks, but life often gets in the way and makes us think we're too busy for such things. The approach of Thanksgiving helps remind us to stop and take stock of the things for which we should be grateful. Some friends of mine on Facebook have been posting one thing they are thankful for each day for the entire month. Well, coming up with a new thing each day is kinda tough (I know, because I used to keep a gratitude journal), but I do have a couple of things of which I'm continuously thankful:
  • Even though we haven't sold our NY house, we still have money to pay the bills.
  • Even though times are tough, my husband has a job, and we have food on the table.
  • In spite of all odds, my husband and I have so far managed to raise a well-behaved, smart, and healthy child.
  • I am surrounded by fall beauty and wonderful weather this time of year, and I love it!
There are other things, but these are the main ones. I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: