Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Moving into the Woods with Ryan Gosling

So here's the thing: I'm not actually a Ryan Gosling fan. Put down the pitchforks and torches, please. I liked him in The Notebook, and he's pleasant enough to look at, but he's not my cup of tea. That being said, I'm pretty fascinated by the phenomenon that is the Ryan Gosling "Hey Girl" meme. It amazes me that one actor could become the posterboy for everything you'd ever want to hear come from your significant other's mouth. Why not Johnny Depp, or Hugh Jackman, or any other handsome actor? Maybe it's just because he has a very sincere face; you can imagine him saying these things in earnest. Whatever the reason, you could say that the whole "Hey Girl" meme has gotten a little out of hand - I mean, in addition to the original, there's now a Literary Ryan Gosling, a Feminist Ryan Gosling, and the list goes on. There's even a Handmade Ryan Gosling, which is where I found this:


I totally swooned. My dream is to move out into the middle of nowhere and start a little homestead. So something about the text combined with the porch, the rocking chair, and his manly facial hair just sent my heart all aflutter. It really resonated with me. So yes, Ryan Gosling, I will move out to the woods with you, and we can make our own soap. It'll be awesome. As long as you don't mind all my unfinished projects lying around. Oh wait, you don't? I'm packing my bags right now.

3 comments:

Sage said...

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see the 'pic'. Is it just me..can you see it? I'll check later on the big computer, but for now..on the laptop..no pic.

Ashley said...

There, I fixed it. Not sure why it quit working, unless they for some reason changed the pic's URL.

Ashley said...

Grr, hotlinking the photo's URL wasn't working, so I just saved it and uploaded it from my computer. For crying out loud!