Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A blog about things

Well, I have some random things to share with you today. My tomatoes have succumbed to some kind of bacterial/fungal wilt. It is ravaging my Marglobe tomato pretty badly, although the fruit is still in tact. I hope to still harvest the tomatoes that are on the plant, if I can keep it alive. The other two tomatoes are only just now showing signs of wilt, so, I'm hoping they'll also be okay until the end of the growing season. I'm not sure how this happened; they are being grown in containers filled with purchased potting soil, so it didn't shouldn't have come from any nearby plants. I have read that these nasty diseases can enter through broken branches, and all of my plants have suffered broken limbs from the crazy afternoon thunderstorms we've been getting, so that could be it. I've also read that beetles can transmit diseases, and today I did see a beetle hanging out on one of my plants, so that could be it too. Either way, it happened fairly quickly, seeing how when I left on Friday, my plants were perfectly healthy. I'm telling my husband that he killed them, since he was in charge of keeping them watered while I was away. Thankfully my tomatillo seems uneffected.

In other news, I was away this weekend at my cousin's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding at The Gatherings in Dorchester, SC. My little one had a great time dancing the night away at the reception. She was the life of the party, making up her own dances and having everyone on the dance floor join in.

I have taken my Etsy shop out of vacation mode. I don't have any listings up at the moment, but I'm hoping to change that as soon as I get a few things photographed.

Well, that's it for now. Catch you guys later!

2 comments:

Sage said...

Glad you got your Etsy opened back up..I'm still sitting on the fence with mine. Make sure you separate your tomato plants..then maybe it won't spread so bad one to the next. How are they doing??

Ashley said...

Actually, I did what you suggested, and they seem to be doing fine. I don't know that they're getting any better, but they aren't getting any worse, which is a step in the right direction.