Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday Afternoon Confessional

Lately, I've felt buried under my own inadequacies. Even the simplest tasks have seemed to overwhelm me. I've been feeling like every effort I've made is being stonewalled by some outside force. Some days it was hard to get out of bed, and I did the absolute minimum to get by. I missed my own personal deadline for my Etsy shop, I haven't been able to maintain my diet and exercise, nor have I gotten done any of the little projects around the house I wanted to do. Even couponing fills me with feelings of mediocrity. I mean, sure, I save a little money, but did I really get the best deal? To add insult to injury, a store would have an even better sale the following week when I'd used up all my coupons. I know none of this sounds like it's all that bad, but trust me, with the state of mind I've been in, all I've wanted to do is throw in the towel. I wanted to cry, but I somehow couldn't even bring myself to do that. Getting out of this mental muck and mire isn't easy, but I'm trying.

I type this, and in the back of my mind I hear Yoda saying, "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."

That's my confession. I normally try not to let on about how bad I'm feeling on here, but I guess I needed to get it out in the open. I've felt as worthless as a penny at a vending machine.

1 comment:

Sage said...

We all have our days...mine were bad, feeling totally unbalanced, hence the reason I did what I did, to gain my balance back. That may not work for you of course, but something will, you'll find it. Hope it finds you quicker though. I know how these days and weeks feel. One frog at a time. :) Remember, the one you feed is the one that grows. :) Call if you need to.