Monday, November 18, 2013

I Haven't Died

I'm still here! I know you guys are dying to know how my family's Halloween costumes turned out this year, but I'm telling you, I haven't stopped moving long enough to get the photos out into the blogosphere. Since I have a few minutes, let me tell you about what's going on in my life.

Back in April, my husband applied for a new job. It's clear across the country from where we live, but it's better pay, better work, and near our target area for our eventual secluded hobby-farm dream home. Well, months rolled by, and we just assumed that since we hadn't heard anything that he wasn't getting hired. Fast forward to August, and we got a call for him to come interview. In September, he was offered the job. At the beginning of October, my husband headed on out to start his new job and try to find a place for us to live. Meanwhile, I was still back at our old home packing up our stuff to put into storage. The plan was I would store all our stuff and then go stay with our relatives while waiting for my husband to find us a home out there.

Shortly after we got the call for the interview, we also got a call from our real estate agent in NY. The house that we'd been trying to sell for three years finally had an offer. There were negotiations and paperwork aplenty.

Since my daughter and I have been staying with family, we've been constantly running errands and visiting family. It feels like I haven't really had time to catch my breath. At any rate, we're scheduled to move into our new home with my husband in early December. Perhaps then I can rest. Who am I kidding? Christmas is approaching!

Anyway, that's what's been going on with my life. If you don't see me around, I'm probably running around all over creation like a chicken with my head chopped off. However, I promise as soon as I get a minute or two to organize my photos and my thoughts, I will post about Halloween, my paintings, and my craft projects. Until then, tootaloo!

No comments: