Friday, August 5, 2011

Playing the Waiting Game

Everyday now I'm checking my mail. Last week, the husband and I went up to the DMV in Rocky Mount to get our driver's licenses. Per NC state law, we had to take a written test, but we both passed and got our temporary licenses. They're just a piece of paper, no pictures or anything on them. So I'm waiting until our permanent ones arrive in the mail. I'm particularly excited about their arrival, because I need a picture ID to get a library card for the library in Bailey. I love the library, and I can't wait to go and start delving into some crafting and gardening books, not to mention books on green and sustainable living.
I'm also anxiously checking my mail because I subscribed to Scrapbooks, Etc. and Better Homes and Gardens magazines. I enjoy getting magazines quite a bit. I love to read, but I'm also very visual, so magazines fill both of those needs. Plus, I love clipping out good ideas and adding them to my inspiration binder.

There's also a couple of dates I'm waiting on. First, the 19th, because my mom-in-law and her sister will be coming to visit for the weekend. It should be lots of fun. I also can't wait for my birthday. I've told everyone that I'd like Michael's gift cards, so if I get some, I'll be going to get new, fun craft stuff.

Another thing I'm waiting on is tomatoes. My Marglobe tomato has been offering ripe tomatoes for a couple of days now, but they're pretty small. So I'm waiting until I have enough to do something with. I'm also particularly excited about my German Johnson tomatoes ripening, because they look like they're going to be pink, not red. That'll be pretty cool, because I've never seen pink tomatoes in person before.

So yeah, that's a lot of waiting, but I'm thinking it'll all be worth it.

No comments: