Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Bout of Domesticity

Ha. It sounds like an illness when I put it that way, but that's kinda how these things occur with me. Over the past couple of days, I've been sewing and latch hooking and canning food and planting plants. Remember that latch hook rug kit I posted about way back in ... January, I think? Well, every day I've been working on it, and little by little, it's coming together. Monday I canned some homemade apple butter. I got five 4oz. jars out of just a handful of apples. My husband says it "tastes like the holidays." Yesterday I planted some Small Sugar variety pumpkins. They've been ready for transplanting for a couple of weeks now, but I decided with this ridiculous heat, I would ease into the "hardening off" process in the hope that they wouldn't keel over. According to the package, they mature in 90 days, so with any luck they should be ready in time for Halloween. (Yay for not having to buy jack-o-lanterns!) I've also been sewing up a storm, because I finally found the motivation to make the curtains for my living room and kitchen. Two nights ago, I got all the panels cut and the hem folds ironed in, and then last night, I sewed the panels. I even hand stamped two panels with a design that I think is just great. Tonight I intend to get the other four panels stamped so I can put them up where they belong. Now if I could just get this domestic feeling to inspire me to do some cleaning!

Pictures will follow, but that's all for now!

1 comment:

Sage said...

You go girl..and send some of that 'illness' down here will ya!! Can't wait to see pics!