Thursday, December 2, 2010

Cheaters Never Prosper?

Ha! I did it! For a week now, I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to make the content wrapper on my blog transparent without making the text and pictures inside transparent as well. I would be lying if I said I understood coding at all, so I've been scouring the internet for an easy tutorial. I learned random facts about parents, children, inherit opacity, and CSS, but I really couldn't find anything that would help me. As I was sitting, staring hopelessly at my blog wondering if I should scrap the whole transparency idea, it hit me. I hit print screen, opened the image in paint, cut out a portion of the content wrapper and saved it as an image. Then, I set that image as the content wrapper's background, and erased the opacity codes I had put in. Presto! A transparent looking background without the transparent text. So yeah, I cheated a little, but it achieved the desired effect. ::Weeps:: I'm so happy.

No comments: