Thursday, February 20, 2014

Simple Lamp Update

Hey, guys! It's been a while; life is going great here in our new home. I'm in the process of updating my little one's room; we're transitioning from baby furniture to stuff that I'm hoping she can use into her teen years. Today I started with her lamp. It started out like this:


That is a basic Better Homes and Gardens accent lamp I bought from Walmart a few years back. I new I wanted to make something bright and fun for the little one, so she helped me pick out a fun, light-blue colored spray paint. We chose the Valspar Paint + Primer in One Exotic Sea color in a glossy finish. I taped off all the working parts and sprayed the lamp base in several light coats. While that was drying, I decided to spruce up the plain shade by punching some sparkly, silver stars out of Tulip iron-on transfer sheets and carefully ironing them (low-setting!) to the lampshade. I wasn't sure if the iron-ons would work because of the plastic lining in the shade, but it turned out great, and I didn't melt the shade! Check out the finished product:


Now my girl has a fabulous new lamp to match her sparkly personality!

That's all for today, my friends, but I'm hoping to get back into my regular updates, so check back soon for more fun stuff!

No comments: