Monday, September 24, 2012

Here Come the Pandas

It's almost here! At 3 AM, Blizzard will be releasing its latest World of Warcraft expansion - Mists of Pandaria.
Source

I've heard a lot of naysayers complain that this expansion will be lame. They compare it to Kung-Fu Panda, and I admit, at first, I had my doubts. However, I find myself eagerly anticipating this expansion as a fun, lighthearted break from the usual drama in Azeroth. The first expansion brought us a demon invasion, the second had us battling undead hordes under the control of the Lich King, and Deathwing nearly ripped the world in two in Cataclysm. Mists of Pandaria promises rich lore, beautiful graphics, and the brew-loving Pandarens. Now, I'm sure there will be a fair amount of strife, since our pre-expansion event was Garrosh destroying Theramore Isle, a move that didn't sit well with the other Horde leaders or the Horde's long-time human sympathizer, Jaina Proudmoore, but it wouldn't be World of Warcraft without out some Horde-Alliance conflict. Anyway, enough out of me. I'm going to share the MoP cinematic trailer with you, which even if you aren't a WoW fan, I believe you can still appreciate (be sure to watch in full screen):

And with that, I'm out of here. See you when the Mists lift!

No comments: