Monday, July 23, 2012

The Dream Net

So no picture blog again this week, but I do have something nifty to share. When I saw this on Pinterest:
I knew I just had to make one!

Originally, I wanted a doily center just like the picture, but I wanted to use one of my granny's old ones. Unfortunately, my mom has them all, and I just couldn't wait for my next visit, so I improvised. Mine has a more traditonal net center with lots of beads. Then I loaded it down with ribbons, strings, and LOTS of trinkets that all have special meaning to me. The end result is something unique and sort of bohemian:

My little one calls it my "dream net." She wants one too, so as soon as I get some ribbons that coordinate with her room colors, we'll make her one too :).

Now for a personal update. We'll be moving soon. Last night I took a second look at the rental property I mentioned last week. It's not perfect, but I think it'll do. I'll get some pictures up when we're all settled in!

No comments: